Friday, July 8, 2011

the magic plant

So I went away for the long July 4th weekend, thinking that my lovely plant would be ok because all the sources online said that peace lilies can go without water for a while.

Apparently 3 days is too long, because when I came back, it looked like this:





Upon finding this, I shrieked so loudly, my mom thought I saw a mouse. I quickly ran to water it while my mom lectured me about getting a real pot for it so that it can retain water for a longer period of time. Meanwhile my dad was looking in my fridge and yelling at me for not finishing 30 things of yogurt in 2 weeks. Supportive ones, those two.

After sufficiently bathing it, all I could do was wait and see if this plant was as resilient as advertised. To my relief, this is what it looked like by the next morning:


The flowers took a hit, but I'm not sure if that's entirely due to the lack of water, or if they have just run their course, because the budding flower still looks fine. Either way I'm glad that my lily was able to pull through for me!

1 comment:

songi said...

omg i got so sad when i saw that first image. im glad you revived it!