Recently I had dinner with my friend FC (of Thai chicken pizza fame) and again, he cooked an incredible meal (I'm not even going to pretend that my veggie washing helped him out at all..). Using this Food Network recipe, he proceeded to make the best chicken that I've had in a really long time. It was savory/comforting and tangy/exciting all at once. Best of all, it was super easy. I've now made it twice and my officemate always raves about the delicious smell when I bring it in for lunch.
Quick tips:
- feel free to skip the butter entirely - it still tastes great without it
- be liberal with the chicken stock if you like your chicken saucy
- the dredging in flour is worth it (retains the moisture wonderfully)
- if you find the dish to be a little too sour (the lemon and the capers can pack quite a punch together), throw in some sugar to neutralize it
1 comment:
I can't wait to try this! :)
Post a Comment