Sunday, November 20, 2011

little victories

I did it! I cooked a bonafide meal for 4 people and as long as they weren't lying to me, I would say it was a success.

No attempts to take artistic photos for this, as I didn't want to keep my guests waiting while I snapped away.


Tonight's menu consisted of

1. Fried dumplings (My first attempt! Usually I just boil them.)
2. Soba noodles with onions and carrots. I also made a peanut sauce, which I wasn't personally a fan of but my friends ate it anyways. <3 them.
3. Slow cooked chicken. It was good! The chicken was not quite as juicy as I had hoped, but it was still pretty good for not having been marinated beforehand.
4. Roasted asparagus. Ok I didn't actually make this. Thanks DC and DS!

To top off the meal, we made mimosas with the champagne my friends brought over. We had to have them in mugs because I don't own any other type of drinkware. Always classy, that I am.


In true Asian style, the night ended with fruit. Mmm red grapes.

Yay this was fun. I hope no one feels ill tomorrow.

1 comment:

s said...

wow. amazing!