Saturday, August 20, 2011

i got furniture


This entry is a little backlogged but...big things have happened in my life.

1. I drove a UHaul on the highway for about 3 hours and crossed multiple state lines. I almost hit 2 cars along the way, but it's fine...everyone was fine.

2. I got a couch and shelving from my sister!


Up until this point, all my furniture has been about knee-height and on the rather flimsy side. Now I am the proud owner for a really heavy bookcase and a sorta heavy but pretty unwieldy futon. Both were a bitch and a half to move, but thanks to some nice moving men in DC who lent us their dolly and some very responsive emergency movers in Philly, the furniture was transported from my sister's place to mine without too many tears shed and backs broken.

The furniture looks kind of monstrous compared to what I'm used to, but I'll make it work. People come visit me now! I have lots of places for you to sleep :)

1 comment:

AIC said...

awesome couch! happy to see that couch is staying in the family