Ok maybe you don't have to do that, because if you took my advice, you would probably end up being very angry with me. To save you a couple hundred dollars, this video will wrap up Molokai in a nutshell.
Molokai basically only has one of everything: one town, gas station, radio station (the background music in this video - all island music and no commercials!), night time hot spot (our hotel restaurant, who wudda thunk?) and so on. There's not much to do on Molokai (the tourist guidebook's words, not mine) and even then, almost everything is closed on Sunday because everyone goes to church.
Still there was a certain charm to the place, and I ended up legitimately enjoying our trip there. Although we didn't see much, we saw multiple families playing with each other on their front yards (who does that anymore? Totally not being sarcastic about this). Had it been a little sunnier, the scenery would've been beautiful. I also went to sleep at 9 pm both nights we were there, and it was great (also saying this without sarcasm).
After returning to Honolulu from Molokai, I actually felt small anxiety attacks welling up inside of me. Everything was just so.. busy. I think if I went directly from Molokai to Newark, NJ, I would've had a seizure from the sensory overload.
Molokai, I miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment